Monday, November 17, 2014

My Winter Essentials

Today's #30for30 blog post is about winter essentials, and this could not have fallen on a more perfect day based on the weather here in Louisville.... nice work Graylin! We have gotten our first snowfall of the season and it's kind of a lot for the first one of the year (for Louisville)...probably about 2-3 inches.


Starting from the top and going clockwise, here are a few of the things I enjoy having during the winter.

Flannel Sheets: You guys, I didn't discover the joy of flannel sheets until last year. I always thought I would hate them because they would be too hot. I don't like being hot at night, so I always stayed away from flannel sheets, but someone gave us these as a gift and I am a convert! Here's the thing with flannel sheets, they are warm AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO BED! You don't need to experience that biting cold that is the norm with regular old cotton sheets.

Burt's Bees lip balm: This lip balm is the only one I've found that is affordable and long-lasting. I don't feel like I need to keep putting it on every five minutes. I also love the slightly tinted version they have if I'm feeling fancy.

Old Man Sweater: This one is just from Target, and I don't know what it's made of, but it's toasty warm and usually the first thing I put on when I get home from work every night once the temperature starts dropping.

Moccasin Slippers: These are from Target too and usually the second thing I put on when I get home every night. :)

Scarves: I love scarves really any time of the year, but in the winter they are an absolute necessity. Added bonus, they always add a new element to your outfit, even if you're wearing the same old things... just add a scarf to change it up.

Gloves: I've been wanting a pair of leather gloves for a while now, but my mom got me these wool ones last year and I love them! They are the perfect mix of being warm enough yet not too bulky. (And they have the touch screen fingertips.) I might not really need those leather ones after all.

Moose Cup: I love drinking hot tea and hot chocolate in the winter, and I found these cute moose mugs for Sean and I last year. (The tail is the handle!)

Blanket: All of these items are displayed on top of my favorite blanket. I stole it from my Mom and Dad a few years ago because it's SO WARM. It's my favorite thing to snuggle up under it and watch some Netflix or read a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment