Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall is here!

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the weather, the food, the holidays (my birthday included), and the clothes. I have always love fall and winter clothes so much more than summer clothes. Cooler weather clothes are so cozy and I like the darker colors and textures. As the season begins this year, I'm searching for some basics to get me through both the fall and winter seasons.


Here are a few things on my list:
  • Structured bag: Actually, I've already crossed this off my list. I saw this bag when I walked into Target a couple of weeks ago and couldn't resist! I looked at it and put it back while Sean and I did some other shopping. Then before checking out, I went back by the purse, and there was only one left... I took it as a sign and grabbed it! It's not real leather, but for $25 I thought it was a deal and I'm already getting LOTS of use out of it.
  • Brown riding boots: I'm really looking for some brown boots to wear with anything this fall. I'm thinking I might go for some thigh-highs like these (BCBGMAXAZRIA) to shake things up a bit. I like that they can be worn as thigh-highs, but they also have the option of turning the flaps down as well. They would be a really versatile pair of boots to have in any wardrobe. (Unfortunately, this pair in particular is a little out of my price range...)
  • Trench coat: This coat by Elizabeth and James is adorable! But again, tiny bit out of my price range, and it seems to be sold out everywhere I look. But I have been looking for a trench for a while now... it would be really great to have something to top off my outfits with the "in between" weather we have in the fall and again in the spring.
  • Maxi dress/skirt: I'm a little behind on this trend. I guess I'm just a little unsure of how to pull it off without looking like a grandma! However, my sister just bought this Forever 21 dress and I really like it... so I think I'll be borrowing stealing that to see how I like it before I get my own!
A couple of other things I'm looking for are longer cardigans, a pencil skirt, a new white button-up blouse and some fun scarves. I'm also excited to wear this Converse shirt that Sean picked up a couple of weeks ago. I've already worn it a couple of times belted with the sleeves rolled up and it makes for a great fall jacket! ( I hope he doesn't get too mad at me for stealing his clothes!)

I'll be keeping an eye out for pieces that I'm really loving this fall and hopefully collecting lots of them here on Pinterest. Do any of you pinterest? You should... it's really fun! What are some things that you are excited to wear this fall?

Happy Weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment