Friday, September 16, 2011

Can someone please tell me....

WHAT is the big deal with this Missoni for Target line? I really just don't get it. I think that zigzag pattern and the colors that they've used are hideous! There's really not much variety either... you can get zigzags or a swirly pattern and that's about it. Gross! Yesterday, I thought I saw the light for a minute when I saw this blog post. (That's cute, right? Maybe these people aren't that crazy...) Well then I read the rest of her post, and that's NOT Missoni for Target... it's a knock-off and thrifted!
The fact that people are buying everything in site and selling it again on ebay boggles my mind. And it's even more outrageous that people are buying it for double the original Target price! I mean, at that point just save up a little more and splurge for a regular Missoni piece! (It will be better quality and better design.) It seems people are only buying it because everyone else is buying it! In my opinion that cheapens the product (even more than the fact that it's from a Target line). Don't get me wrong, I love shopping for clothes at Target, but the fact that people are going absolutely nuts over this mediocre (that's a compliment) clothing line makes me want to stay as far away from it as possible.

But I'll keep an open mind. All you Missoni for Target lovers, I'll be keeping an eye out for you this fall and I'm challenging you to style those pieces you fought so hard to get in a way that is even remotely appealing. Double bonus point for this bad boy... and triple bonus points for these. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I know what Matt and I are getting you for your birthday..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang, that's what I was going to get her... ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Amy...but I tend to be a little delayed on accpeting fashion. However, I do really hope I get to see someone wearing that jumpsuit.

    ReplyDelete