Monday, April 9, 2012

A Wonderful Weekend

Sean and I had a very busy weekend with my family and some very special guests this weekend. My mom and her siblings have a very dear friend from Ireland, Michael, whom they have known since they were in high school and have kept in touch with ever since. He was visiting all last week and brought his youngest son Brendan and Brendan's wife Roisin along for the visit.

My Aunt Mitzie's beautiful Easter table!

I started my weekend early by taking a quick trip to Frankfort on Thursday to meet my family and our guests for the day. (Tomorrow will be a special Travel Tuesday with more details on that trip!) On Friday night we had a family dinner and then Molly, Sean, my cousin Jeremy and I took Brendan and Roisin out for a night on the town. We went to Moerlein Lager House and had a few beers...

Top: Sean, Me and Roisin; Middle: Jeremy zombie-fying us on his phone;
Bottom: Molly and Brendan

We finished off the night at Molly Malone's in Covington. I know, I know we didn't really plan to take Irish people to an "Irish bar" but we just ended up there. It was great because the band was playing some songs that Brendan and Roisin knew, and we introduced them to Irish Car Bombs (the drink!) They didn't like them very much (Brendan said they "ruined perfectly good Guinness"), but we still had a great time!

On Sunday, the Easter Bunny brought a basket of chocolate and marshmallow eggs from Schneiders Candy Shop... my favorite!

Yum! Easter candy!

We had a beautiful Easter dinner at Aunt Mitzie's and Uncle John's house to celebrate both the holiday and the last day that our Irish friends would be in town. There was an adult Easter Egg Hunt (Eggs full of money instead of candy!) and a rowdy game of Left Right Center, which Jeremy won.


We had so much fun with our guests and with the family this weekend. We all hope to visit our friends sometime soon in Ireland, and are so thankful to be surrounded by such wonderful friends and family! Hope your Easter weekend was as lovely as ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment