Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Can I quote you on that?

I have been uninspired this week, so that's why there was no Travel Tuesday yesterday. (Also, I've been thinking I might make that an every other week type of post.)

So, I do this thing where I write down quotes that I like in my planner whenever I see them online or in magazines/books I'm reading. I'm not sure when I started doing it (college maybe?) or what to do with them, (I have a few years' planners saved in my closet because they have quotes in them! :\) but I just like doing it and it makes me smile when I read over them. So to stir up a little inspiration, I thought I'd share a couple of recent ones I've written down with you today:

I printed this from Makeunder My Life one day on a whim...
Then when I went to put it in my planner, it matched!

"Sit down and put down everything that comes to your head and then you're a writer. But an author is one who can judge his own stuff's worth, without pity, and destroy most of it."
~Sidone-Gabrielle Colette
(French Writer)

"Read, read, read. Read everything--trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You'll absorb it. Then write. If it's good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out of the window."
~William Faulkner

"I didn't know what I wanted to do, but I always knew the woman I wanted to be."
~Diane Von Furstenberg

"All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know."
~Ernest Hemingway
(A Moveable Feast)

"What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure for." ~Irish Proverb

*Some of those I believe I found on my Google homepage gadget: Daily Literary Quotes. And then there's that last one, which I like very much... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Those are some good ones!

    I found a page with some of my favourite George R.R. Martin quotes: http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/346732.George_R_R_Martin

    I especially like the first four.

    ReplyDelete