Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden

Did everyone watch the Golden Globes last night? Sean and I did, but I have to admit, I'm really not up to date with all of the TV and movies that were nominated. I have so much to catch up on before the Oscars! But even if I was a little uninformed this year, I still love watching just to see all of the dresses. Here's a little roundup of my favorite looks from the 2012 Golden Globe Awards: 

There were some very interesting dresses this year. Zooey Deschanel in Prada and Claire Danes in J. Mendel were two of my favorites especially because of the backs of the dresses!
Photos: nbc.com
Kate Winslet is always one of my favorites on the red carpet because she always looks so elegant and exudes an understated confidence. I love the next two looks by both Kate and Angelina Jolie, who kept things simple but sexy:
Photo: nbc.com
Photo: nbc.com
The next two dresses are my absolute favorites of the night. Green and blue are my two favorite colors, and I'm loving the long-sleeve trend that seems to be popping up. Both Laura Dern and Michelle Williams were Golden Globe winners last night, and they nailed it with their gowns as well. They look so glamorous!
Photos: nbc.com
Now, this next dress on Emma Stone I'm a little on the fence about. I love the colors on her; it makes her hair pop. But that eagle on the belt bothers me... I think it distracts from the rest of her look: 
Photo: nbc.com
Now in the other direction, I found the next two looks to be my least favorite. I think compared to the rest of the stars on the red carpet last night, the Glee girls (Lea Michelle and Dianna Agron) missed the mark. Their dresses were just too busy, and it seemed like they were trying a little too hard.
Photo (left): nbc.com; Photo (right): style.com
Finally, to wind things up I thought I'd share a few of the guys' looks that I liked. Matt LeBlanc (who won an award also) looked so dapper in his blue tux. It looked great with his salt and pepper hair. :)
Photo: nbc.com
And Ricky Gervais looked pretty good too. Which I'm surprised I liked a red suit so much, but I think he reserves the right to wear something like that... he was the host for the evening after all. (But the shoes are pretty horrible, I'm just noticing now.)
Photo: style.com
Josh Brolin and Diane Lane look fabulous too:
Photo: style.com
And I can't NOT put George Clooney on here... he always looks good! ;) 
Photo: style.com
What were some of your favorite styles from the Golden Globes???

2 comments:

  1. I wanna see whoch dresses were Sean's favorites... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine then! Zooey and Nicole Kidman... hands down! Those two are always tops in my book... ;)

    ReplyDelete